Monday 15 July 2013

Sunscreen was applied!

So I arrived in Lisbon, Portugal at around 7.40 pm last night to then catch a bus into town to meet immi! Luckily she had arrived earlier and found her way around so she knew exactly where to head for our hostel! The streets are all layed with individual rocks so they are all literally cobblestones, the building are tall and old and there are even more, and I mean lots more hills than Hobart!! 

Immi and I wandered and talked and eventually found a little restaurant to sit and eat tea at ten o'clock, which we found out today was the first cafe in Lisbon to sell coffee! I think...

In a dorm of eight there were bound to be snorers right? Correct! Going to bed at around 12 meant I would then lie awake for the next three hours purely because there was alot of noise and light! 

Today we went for a little walk up and down the hundreds of stairs to then come back and go on a walking tour. This walking tour went for around 4-5 hours, literally walking around the whole city! We saw art, photography, churches, fake monuments and much more! It was possibly the best way to see everything, and it was free! The heat however was hot, and yes mother I did apply sunscreen and will continue to do so as I wish to tan safely :D 

Back at the hostel now, feet are sore and a shower is well due for. We need to head out soon again to get to a train station to reserve seats for our trains and activate my eurail pass! 

Tonight the hostel is having a little walking thing again but this time to local bars where traditional Portuguese music, fado, is being played, which we might pop along to! After Imogen has cooked us dinner :D 

We are in Lisbon for another three nights, hoping to head to the beach soon and there is a big market held tomorrow! 

Be aware that I'm writing this off my phone, so any grammatical mistakes I make I give up on trying to go back and fix them all! 




Bread is so good!! 

Stairs everywhere 

Hope everyone is well! 
Talk soon
Molly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment